Recruitment, apply for World Bank Group recruitment 2023 below.
Gatekeepers News reports that the World Bank Group – IFC, a sister organisation of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group (WBG) – is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. It works in more than 100 countries, using its capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries.
World Bank Group is recruiting to fill the position below:
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria
- IFC’s Disruptive Technologies and Funds Group (“CDF”) invests in private sector companies globally. IFC’s CDF has a track record of successful investments in direct venture capital and venture capital funds across many sub-verticals, building out start-up businesses and co-investing alongside growth equity funds, and in venture capital funds.
- CDF is unique for both its regional and global prospective on the venture capital space, long-term approach to investments, ability to leverage the resources of the entire World Bank Group, as well as its commitment to maximizing the value for its portfolio companies through sustained assistance.
- The Disruptive Technologies and Venture Capital team (“CDFDT”) invests in venture/early growth companies and funds that support innovative technologies or business models with high impact potential in Emerging Markets.
- By executing transactions at earlier stages than IFC’s more traditional business lines, the venture capital team enhances the organization’s strong commitment to innovation, and support to local businesses, and helps accelerate cross-border technology transfers.
- The IFC’s Disruptive Technologies and Venture Capital team is looking to recruit an Analyst in the Lagos Office to support the current team in developing and executing new business opportunities, as well as managing an investment portfolio and local client relationships primarily in Africa.
- The Analyst will play an active role in participating in the local office’s and the region’s business activities, interact directly with local and global clients, and will work with colleagues from Headquarters (Washington DC), Africa, MENA, and other regional offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct industry and market research/ mapping to identify a pipeline of good-quality investment opportunities.
- Support the team to evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new venture capital transactions.
- Help supervise investments in portfolio companies and manage internal IFC procedures including preparation of portfolio reports and related compliance-related information
- Conduct analysis of and follow-up on new business opportunities and liaise extensively with colleagues worldwide.
- Support due diligence, structuring of transactions, and drafting of investment recommendation documentation for investment decisions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners, and government officials to further develop the sector and to develop specific investment opportunities.
- Coordinate closely with IFC’s business risk functions to ensure maintenance of the highest corporate governance, environmental and social, and integrity standards.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least 2 years of experience in venture capital, private equity, consulting, investment banking, and equity research.
- Candidates that have a proven track record of experience in supporting the sourcing, structuring, and closing investments are preferred.
- Strong interest in venture investing and emerging technology areas.
- Strong familiarity with financial software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office suite, research, and financial databases, etc.)
- Proven track record in nurturing client relationships; business development;
- Strong business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on clients ‘needs effectively, notably in a fragile business environment;
- Work experience and relationships with stakeholders in African venture ecosystems including start-ups, VCs, other investors, and development partners is a plus.
- Ability to interact directly and support interactions with the senior management of potential clients,
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work successfully with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in and analytical knowledge of emerging markets is important.
- Experience in portfolio management. Having prior experience supporting investee company board meetings and supporting senior partners and portfolio CEOs/Founders will be viewed positively.
- Fluency in spoken and written English; a multi-lingual background will be viewed upon favorably.
- Required Language(s): English
- Preferred Language(s): French
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Click Here To Apply
Disclaimer: Gatekeepers News gets job vacancies from advertising agencies and other sources to inform the public about employment opportunities. Gatekeepers News or any agent does not seek any payment in whatever form for prospective candidates to apply. We, therefore, implore you not to pay for any job vacancies because they are not for sale, and we are not responsible for any loss that may arise as a result of this.