Fire has gutted the personal residence of the outgoing Governor of Kano state, Dr Abdullahi Ganduje at Miyangu Street in Nassarawa GRA Kano.
Gatekeepers News reports that the State Fire Service, who confirmed the incident to newsmen on Thursday, said the outbreaks occurred on Monday night.
The Spokesman of the State Fire Service, Saminu Abdullahi, stated that the fire was already under control by the time firefighters got to the residence.
According to reports, the fire started at a place where Ganduje rears cows, causing the death of many of the animals died, with other multi-million-naira property razed down.
A source added thar the cause of the fire was not immediately known but it started during the course of metal welding in the house as work was still ongoing to make the place a befitting residence for Kano State’s outgoing governor.
When contacted, the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Abba Anwar declined to comment.