Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has confirmed that at least 33 persons were killed following a series of coordinated attacks carried out by suspected Lakurawa terrorists in several communities across Kebbi State.
Gatekeepers News reports that according to security sources, the attacks targeted remote villages in Arewa, Dandi, and Argungu local government areas, where the assailants stormed homes, farmlands, and local markets, shooting indiscriminately and setting properties ablaze.
Residents said the attackers arrived in large numbers on motorcycles, overwhelming local vigilantes and leaving dozens dead and many others injured.
Kebbi State Police Command, in a statement on Friday, said security operatives had been deployed massively to the affected areas to restore calm and prevent further attacks.
The command added that joint operations involving the military, police, and local security outfits were currently ongoing to track down the perpetrators.
Commissioner of Police in the state, CP Bello Sani, described the attacks as barbaric and unacceptable, assuring residents that those responsible would be brought to justice.
He confirmed that several victims were rushed to medical facilities, while security forces were combing nearby forests and border routes believed to be escape paths used by the militants.
The Lakurawa group, known for cross-border raids and cattle rustling, has increasingly intensified its operations in northwestern Nigeria, exploiting porous borders and vast forest corridors to launch attacks and evade security forces.
Meanwhile, Kebbi State Government has condemned the killings and announced immediate relief support for affected families, including medical assistance, food supplies, and temporary shelter for displaced residents.
The government also urged residents to cooperate with security agencies by providing timely intelligence to support ongoing operations.



