Tyson Fury has declared that his proposed December 3rd bout against Anthony Joshua is “officially over.”.
Gatekeepers News reports that Fury made this known in an Instagram story on Monday, saying that the the British-Nigerian boxer failed to meet the deadline to sign the contract.
Earlier this month, Joshua’s team said that it has reached an agreement with Fury for an all-British bout to hold on December 3.
However, communication between the two camps had been halted in honour of Queen Elizabeth’s demise.
In a new twist, Fury took to social media to declare 5 pm on Monday as the deadline for the signing of the contract.
Following the end of the self-imposed deadline, the Gipsy King described Joshua as a “coward,” adding that no contract has been signed.
“It’s official. D Day has come and gone. It’s gone past 5pm Monday, no contract has been signed,” he said.
“It’s officially over for Joshua. He’s now out in the cold with the wolfpack. Forget about it. Idiot. Coward!”
Eddie Hearn, Joshua’s promoter, has insisted that the bout could still hold despite Fury’s decision.
According to TalkSport, the 43-year-old said “there has been no talk of a deadline between the parties.” and that both camps are moving to conclude the deal as soon as possible.
“There were various positive calls today between promoters & broadcasters who are all working hard to finalise the fight – there has been no talk of a deadline between the parties, but we are moving at pace to try & conclude the deal,” he said.